Dr. Coello is currently Associate Editor for the following
- IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation (IEEE Press)
- Evolutionary Computation (the MIT Press)
- Journal of Heuristics (Springer)
- Computational Optimization and Applications (Springer)
- Pattern Analysis and Applications (Springer)
- Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing (Hindawi Publishing Corporation)
- Soft Computing (Springer)
- International Journal of Swarm Intelligence Research (IJSIR) (Information Resources Management Association)
- International Journal of Natural Computing Research (IJNCR) (IGI Glogal)
- Computación y Sistemas (Computing and Systems) (Instituto Politécnico Nacional)
Dr. Coello is also member of the Editorial Board of the
following international journals:
- Engineering Optimization (Taylor & Francis)
- International Journal of Computational Intelligence Research (The International Computational Intelligence Society)
- International Journal of Innovative Computing and Applications (Inderscience Publishers)
- Journal of Memetic Computing (Springer)
- International Journal of Intelligent Computing and Cybernetics (Emerald Group Publishing Limited)
- International Journal of Intelligent Engineering Informatics (Inderscience Publishers)
- Guest Editor, Special Issue on Evolutionary Multiobjective Optimization,
IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, Volume 7, No. 2, April 2003.
Dr. Coello has served as a technical reviewer for
a number of international journals, including the following:
- Evolutionary Computation
- Computers in Industry
- Applied Soft Computing Journal
- Computers and Operations Research
- Journal of Mathematical Modelling and Algorithms
- Applied Numerical Mathematics
- IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology
- IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks
- Evolutionary Intelligence
- IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I
- Computers and Concrete. An International Journal
- Journal of Applied Mathematics and Decision Sciences
- OMEGA International Journal of Management Science
- International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering
- Computational Optimization and Applications
- Central European Journal of Operations Research
- Applied Mathematics and Computer Science
- Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence for Engineering, Design, Analysis and Manufacture
- Journal of Mechanical Design
- International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making
- International Journal of Space Structures
- International Journal of Production Economics
- Information Fusion
- Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research
- IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation
- Journal of Heuristics
- The Computer Journal
- International Journal of Computational Intelligence and Applications
- Knowledge and Information Systems
- Optimal Control Applications and Methods
- Annals of Operations Research
- Applied Artificial Intelligence
- Journal of Global Optimization
- Pattern Recognition
- Quantitative Finance
- Information Sciences
- International Journal of Robotics and Automation
- Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research
- Foundations of Computing and Decision Sciences
- IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Part A (Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Part B
- European Journal of Operational Research
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics
- AIAA Journal
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Engineering Optimization
- Neurocomputing Letters
- Civil Engineering and Environmental Systems
- Cognitive Systems Research
Dr. Coello has also served in the scientific program of a number
of international conferences, such as the following:
- International Conference on Bioinspired
Optimization Methods and their Applications
(BIOMA 2004), Ljubljana, Slovenia,
October 11-12, 2004.
- The 8th International Conference on
Parallel Problem Solving from Nature (PPSN VIII),
September 18-22, 2004, Birmingham, UK.
- The 5th International Conference on Simulated
Evolution And Learning (SEAL'04),
October 26-29, 2004, Busan, Korea.
- 2004 Congress on Evolutionary Computation
(CEC'2004), Portland, Oregon, June 19-23,
- 2004 Genetic and Evolutionary Computation
Conference (GECCO 2004), Seattle, Washington,
June 26-30, 2004.
- IX Iberoamerican Conference on Artificial
Intelligence (IBERAMIA 2004), Puebla, México,
November 22-26, 2004.
- First World Congress on Lateral Computing (WCLC),
Bangalore, India, December 17--19, 2004.
- Third International Conference on Artificial
Immune Systems (ICARIS 2004), Catania, Italy,
September 13--16, 2004.
- First International Conference on Informatics
in Control, Automation and Robotics, Setúbal, Portugal,
August 25--28, 2004.
- Second International Conference on Artificial
Immune Systems, Edinburgh, Scotland, September 1-3, 2003.
- Eighth International Conference on Knowledge-Based
Intelligent Information & Engineering Systems,
Wellington, New Zealand, September 20-24, 2004.
- Fifth International Workshop on Frontiers in Evolutionary Algorithms
(FEA 2003), Cary, North Carolina, USA, september 26-30, 2003.
- 2003 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC'2003),
Canberra, Australia, 8--12 December 2003.
- 2003 IEEE International Symposium on Intelligent Control (ISIC'03),
Houston, Texas, USA, 5--8 October 2003.
- Third International Conference on Hybrid Intelligent Systems
(HIS 2003), Melbourne, Australia, 14--17 December 2003.
- Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO'2003),
Chicago, Illinois, USA, July 2003.
- Fourth International Conference on Intelligent Data Engineering
and Automated Learning (IDEAL'2003), Hong Kong, March 2003.
- International Workshop on Memetic Algorithms (WOMA IV-2003),
Chicago, USA, July 2003.
- Eighteenth International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI'03)
(local committee), Acapulco, México, August 9--15, 2003.
- 2003 American Control Conference, Denver, Colorado, USA, June 4--6, 2003.
- Intelligent Systems Design and Applications (ISDA'03), Tulsa, USA,
August 3--6, 2003.
- Evolutionary Computing for Design, Optimization and Control with Application to
Multi-Disciplinary Industrial and Societal Problems (EUROGEN'03), Barcelona, Spain,
September 15--17, 2003.
- Second International Conference on Evolutionary Multi-Criterion
Optimization, Faro, Portugal, April 8--11, 2003.
- International Symposium on Robotics and Automation (ISRA'2002), Toluca,
México, September 1--4, 2002.
- Parallel Problem Solving from Nature (PPSN VII), Granada, Spain,
- Second International Conference on Hybrid Intelligent
Systems (HIS'02), Santiago, Chile, December 1--4, 2002.
- Third International Workshop on Memetic Algorithms (WOMA III--2002),
Granada, Spain, September 7th, 2002.
- 2003 Conference on Evolvable Systems (ICES'2003), Tordheim,
Norway, March 17--20, 2003.
- Third International Workshop on the Frontiers of Evolutionary
Algorithms, Durham, North Carolina, USA, March 3--8, 2002.
- Workshop on Advances & Trends in AI for Problem Solving,
Santiago de Chile, Chile, November 5--9, 2001.
- Fifth International Conference on Adaptive Computing in Design and
Manufacture (ACDM 2002), Exeter, United Kingdom, April 16--18, 2002.
- 4th Asia-Pacific Conference on Simulated Evolution and Learning
(SEAL'02), Singapore, November 18--22, 2002.
- 6th Online World Conference on Soft Computing, September 10--24,
- International Symposium on Adaptive Systems (ISAS'2001),
Havana, Cuba, March 19--23, 2001.
- 3rd Asia-Pacific Conference on Evolutionary Computation, Taipei,
Taiwan, April 26--28, 2002.
- Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC'2001),
Seoul, Korea, July 16--19, 2001.
- International Symposium on Robotics and Automation (ISRA'2000),
Monterrey, Nuevo León, México, November 10--12, 2000.
- Workshop on Advances & Trends in AI for Problem Solving,
Santiago de Chile, Chile, November 15, 2000.
- Third International Conference on Evolvable Systems: From
Biology to Hardware (ICES'2000), Scotland, United Kingdom,
April 17--19, 2000.
- First International Conference on Evolutionary Multi-Criterion
Optimization (EMO'01), Zurich, Switzerland, March 7--9, 2001.
- Fourth International Conference on Adaptive Computing in Design and
Manufacture (ACDM 2000), Plymouth, United Kingdom, April 26--28, 2000.
- Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC'2000), San Diego,
California, USA, July 16--19, 2000.
- Seventh International Conference on Tools with Artificial
Intelligence, TAI'95, Herndon, Virginia, USA, November 5--8, 1995.
Dr. Coello has served as a technical evaluator of grant proposals
for several national and international organizations, such as:
- Comisión Nacional de Investigación Científica y Tecnológica, Chile.
- Basic Research Grant Programme 2002, Ireland.
- Fonds zur förderung der Wissenschaftlichen Forschung, Austria.
- Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología, México.
Go Back to my Home Page